Visited States Map (updated daily)

Visited States Map (updated daily)
States Visited on Two Wheels

Followers

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 5 -- Kens' Thoughts

It dawned on me today that I am really enjoying this ride. Not just a lot of fun but Buzz Bike fun! What I mean by that is when I was a boy, I received a Buzz Bike for Christmas. I loved that bike and for the first week or so, it stayed in my room with me at night. So over the years, fun and enjoyment has been (jokingly) gauged against that bike!

I am doing this ride with my wonderful wife and best friend who loves riding as much as me. I catch myself cruising along wondering what I ever did in life to deserve such fun. I am truly a blessed man!

When you ride all day, every day one of the things you begin to notice is custom license plates. These plates have become a way for us to "identify" ourselves. I decided today to make a little mental poll to determine my favorite.  Without a doubt, the coolest plate read "1MTAKEN". If my brain holds out, I may do this little poll on a daily basis.

We seem to grab attention in various places we stop. We are always quizzed about our gas mileage but the comment that really gets me is "You're gonna do this ride on one of those?" This comment seems to come mostly from guys riding those "shakers" that you hear coming a mile away. Sharlene makes me hold my tongue, but I really want to say "Well, I sure don't want to do it on one of those!"

The bikes are doing fine, I added about a pint of oil to Sharlenes bike today but that's not too bad. The oil change was done 3,000 miles ago and we have really been running these scooters! We plan to stop around Savannah, Ga. for service on both scooters.

Enough for now, sleep is calling! We hope to be in Key West this Wednesday so we will need to get up and going! We will be on the road early to get ahead of TS Beryl! Good night all, more tomorrow!

No comments: