Visited States Map (updated daily)

Visited States Map (updated daily)
States Visited on Two Wheels

Followers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Here we come SoCal !

California here we come not where we started from. Couldn't resist that one as it's a song my Dad used to sing. I wish he had lived long enough to see me and we take this ride. It would have been something he would have loved to do. I think of him every day on any long distance ride. We left Oregon in rain gear knowing it would be our last use of it until we make the right hand turn in California to head back to Jacksonville, FL. The rain gear was needed and we made it through the Oregon mountain passes slick roads and all. Temps were still a bit cold until we dropped into Redding, as you may have already seen Ken soaking up the cement heat and I still think he was actually napping too. That's OK as we had some heavy eyes by this point.Why is it we get so sleepy after lunch? We have full tummies, maybe dressed a little to warm and the drone of the bike engines equals nap time. Good thing I ride my own bike as I would be tempted to take a nap on the back of the bike. I'm sure no one does that right? LOL We hit 5 o'clock traffic in Sacramento but it went very smoothly, as compared to other large cities we have been through. Our intent was to ride as far as possible today so down I-5 we go, eventually ending the day at the Firebaugh/Coalinga Best Western for a MUCH NEEDED good nights sleep! This is our last day of the official ride so here we come SoCal!

1 comment: